Contributors

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

How much will JPS save based on ESET Energy Path

Without boring you with details here is the summary of my calculations on what savings I believe JPS is likely to see once the plants mentioned in the previous post are up and running. Figures below are in US$
Annual savings (ADO – LNG Bogue 120 mW) $           134,537,321
Annual fuel savings (HFO- LNG-190 mW) $        89,918,562.57
Saving per annum replacing 85mW HFO with Coal ( Jamalco) $        65,208,920.64
Total fuel savings- fuel switching $           301,194,797
Working out how much the end user will see ie me and you is a lot more tricky and will require a lot more work than I was able to do just now.  I will however by working on something and should have a rough estimate once I have more information in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment